Scramble is the first European-style play center inside the D.C. Metro area. Parents or guardians that bring children to the center remain responsible for them, just as if these parents or guardians were at an outdoor, public playground. Scramble and its employees strive to ensure the complete safety of all of our guests.
Parents or guardians are required to follow these general rules
It is the responsibility of parents or guardians to supervise and accompany children in Scramble with a maximum ratio of one adult for every six children six and older and one adult for every three children five and under.
The same ratios are applied for parties.
The parents or guardians must:
- Remain within the building at all times.
- Supervise their children at all times.
- Observe their children to ensure that they are capable of using the play activities safely.
- Explain the Rules of Play to their children and monitor their behavior.
Additional Rules of Play
- Scramble reserves the right, at its sole discretion and without any further explanation, to refuse entry to any person or family.
- Respect others and allow them to enjoy Scramble.
- Do not bring unwell children to Scramble. Children who begin feeling unwell are to be kept away from the play areas and other children. Scramble will ask families with children that are ill to leave – a free entry voucher will be issued for a future visit.
- Socks are required to be worn to play at Scramble. No shoes or bare feet allowed in the play areas.
- Arms and legs should be covered, particularly when using the slides.
- Remove jewelry, badges or pins, and any other sharp objects.
- Except by prior arrangement, no outside food or drink is allowed in to Scramble. Special food necessary for a medical reason and medicine is allowed.
- Items left are done so at your own risk. No liability will be accepted for loss, damage or theft of items wherever they might be left in Scramble.
- Scramble does not discriminate in anyway and does not allow any discrimination by guests using Scramble. All guests will be treated equally and with respect.
- Scramble has a 3-strike policy: on strikes one and two the child will be asked to return to the family and the responsible parent or guardian will be told that redirection is required. On strike three, the family will be required to leave. No refund will be due.
- No face paint.
- No climbing on the safety nets.
- No smoking, vaping, or equivalent systems.
- No firearms or knives of any sort.
- No chewing gum, bubble gum, or other gum-like candy.
- No food or drink is allowed in the play areas.
- No glassware is allowed in the play areas.
- No pets.
- Scramble is a family entertainment center. Inappropriate behavior will not be accepted. Scramble reserves the right to ask families to leave without further explanation and at the sole discretion of Scramble. No refund will be due.
- Any threats to Scramble staff will not be accepted. Scramble will prosecute any person who mistreats a member of staff to the fullest possible extent. That person and family will be prohibited from returning to Scramble.
- We welcome service animals when accompanied by their owners. Scramble will help owners with service animals to enjoy all of the play activities. For the safety and comfort of all guests and the service animal, this may mean that we have to change the way in which some play activities are used for short periods. Service animals should wear protective covers over their feet when in the play areas.